Stars Awards 2015
The Children’s Foundation once again celebrated the little stars of the region at its 9th annual Stars awards at Biscuit Factory, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, hosted by Metro Radios breakfast legends Steve & Karen.
The awards aim to recognise the achievements of children in the North East with a disability, their friends and families, the challenges they face on a daily basis. The prestigious event was sponsored by intu Eldon Square.
The winners were:
Molly Ann Scott
Lucy Grace Scott
Rachel Alice Hooley
Jay Kaiden Peter Mciver
Congratulations to everyone who was nominated for an award! Pictures of the event can be viewed on Facebook here
The Award categories are as follows:
1) Child / Young Person
(Age groups: 3-18)
• Having a disability and being educated or receiving treatment in the North East
• Faced significant challenges
• Nominated by parent/carer/professional
2) Friend or Sibling
• Befriending or supporting a child with a disability being educated or receiving treatment in the North East
• Nominated by child/young person supported by family member or teacher
• Having a child with a disability being educated or receiving treatment in the North East
• Faced significant challenges to support their child/ren
• Nominated by health professional/service provider
Terms & Conditions
• Nominations will only be accepted if received on or before Tuesday 30th June 2015
• Nominations must meet the criteria as detailed in Terms & Conditions
• Nominators must be over 16 (with the exception of the Friend/Sibling category which must be supported by an additional sponsor)
• Self-nominations are acceptable on the condition that the nomination is verified by a sponsor/health professional
• To be valid, nominations must be received via email or by post using the official entry form or a photocopy of it.
• Supporting material/additional pages will not be considered
• Nomination forms will not be returned
• Nominations not signed by the nominator will be invalid.