Nominations are now open for The Stars Awards!
Do you know a little star who deserves some recognition for overcoming the challenges associated with disability? Or a mother or carer who goes above and beyond?
The Stars Awards aim to recognise the achievements of children in the North East with a disability, their friends and families and the challenges they face on a daily basis.
The 2018 Stars Awards Ceremony will be taking place on Tuesday 19th June at the Biscuit Factory, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, hosted by Metro Radios breakfast legends Steve & Karen.
The Award categories are as follows:
1) Child / Young Person
(Age groups: 3-18)
• Having a disability and being educated or receiving treatment in the North East
• Faced significant challenges
• Nominated by parent/carer/professional
2) Friend or Sibling
• Befriending or supporting a child with a disability being educated or receiving treatment in the North East
• Nominated by child/young person supported by family member or teacher
• Having a child with a disability being educated or receiving treatment in the North East
• Faced significant challenges to support their child/ren
• Nominated by health professional/service provider
Please click here to read the terms and conditions and download a nomination form.