Great North Run 2017 places now available!
Have you made a New Year’s resolution to take up running? To do more for charity? To try something new??
Whatever your aims for 2017 make sure the Great North Run is one of them! Join 57,000 people in the worlds most iconic half marathon and raise money for a local cause
The Children’s Foundation has guranteed places available now and entry is only £55 with a £275 minimum sponsorship. Last year Team TCF managed to raise over £32,000 to help children and young people here in the North East and North Cumbria. This year we aim to raise even more!
By joining Team TCF you will receive:
- Help and support during your training with weekly newsletters giving you tips on everything you need to know
- A Team TCF running vest or t-shirt
- Entry to the Charity Marque post race with complimentary sports massage and refreshments.
- Advice and guidance on fundraising.
Money raised from the Great North Run will help us to continue our work improving the health and well being of children and young people from across the North East.
We fund research and practical interventions to improve the health and well-being of children and young people in the region. We also fund a number of community based projects including:
- Clown Doctors at the Great North Children’s Hospital
- Stars Awards – celebrating the achievements of children living with a disability
- 3D Pain Distraction Units – distracting children undergoing painful treatments
- Because minding matters appeal – where we are striving to work across the region to tackle the mental health and wellbeing issues which children face
If you would like to take part please download and complete the Entry Form and Fundraising Contract found below. You can then email them to Lara.Puertas@nuth.nhs.uk or post to:
The Children’s Foundation
Sir James Spence Institute
Queen Victoria Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
You can pay your entry fee by:
Cheque – please send to the above address
Bank Transfer – please email Lara.Puertas@nuth.nhs.uk for more information
Pay at the TCF office